Special Vertical Position Stainless Steel Electrode
- Unique “Fast Freeze” coating simplifies vertical down and up welding.
- Ideal for poor fit up joints in all positions.
- Controlled Weld puddle allows for filling holes on stainless steels.
- AWS/ASME a 5.4: E 316L-16
- DIN 8556: E 19.12.3 LR 16
- NFA 81-343: EZ 19.12.3 LR 16
- EN 1600: E 19 12 3 L R 3 1
- ISO 3581: E 19.12.3 LR 16
Especially suited for vertical down and up welding of thin to medium gauge molybdenum bearing stainless steels.
Austenite with 3-9% ferrite. Typical ferrite number is 6.
|Undiluted Weld Metal||Maximum Value Up to:|
|Tensile Strength:||80,000 PSI (550 N/mm2)|
|Yield Strength:||56,000 PSI (390 N/mm2)|
|Impact Energy :||40J: -157F (-105C)|
|Hardness:||Brinell 209, Rockwell B96|
Flat, Horizontal, Vertical up, Vertical down, Overhead
For vertical welding, set amperage at high end of the scale. Maintain a sharp angle with the electrode pointing upward. Whip the electrode quickly back and forth while moving up or down. Electrode may show a red color from the excess amperage which is normal.